“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."
- Isaiah 54:2
I've read Isaiah a few times but have never really camped-out on this verse before. In a meeting last week with John Robertson, CEO of LeadershipID / Align3Cubed, John (@jrobertsonlead) mentioned Isaiah 54:2 and it's stuck with me.
Colliding with that this morning have been thoughts around The Law of the Inner Circle. I looked up what Maxwell says about applying that law:
1. Who do I seek out for advice, turn to for support and/or rely on to help me get things done? (some are employees, but they are also family members, networking partners, others)
2. Am I doing the following with these inner circle members?
- Spending extra time to mentor and develop relationships?
- If appropriate, giving them extra responsibility and place higher expectations on them?
- Again, if appropriate, giving them credit when things go well and holding them accountable when they don't?
To that end....
Without guidance, a people will fall, but there is
victory with many counselors - Prov 11:14